Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Down to the wire...

Praise the Lord, I am able to make one last update before Carter joins us!!! I had my last doctor's appointment this morning and have had no change whatsoever! To say I am prayerful and hopeful that we can make it to Monday, for our scheduled c-section, is an understatement.

This past week, I have been feeling great (very little discomfort), Austin has a count-down going until he meets his brother (the excitement is too much for him right now!), and Jason and I feel about as prepared as you ever are for the arrival of a baby. Mentally, I am still trying to wrap my head around what it may possibly be like with two, how things are going to change, and the concept of getting up again all night long, but I know that nothing lasts forever, and I am going to attempt to enjoy as much of this time as possible with such a little baby.

Other than that, we are just trying to prepare for next week! It has to figure that next week is probably one of our busiest of the past few weeks...the c-section is Monday, Austin starts soccer on Tuesday or Wednesday, and he has preschool orientation on Thursday (the same day I am discharged from the hospital). Oh well! I guess you have to get in to the swing of things some time! :)

My last request of all of you is that you pray for us this upcoming Monday. The c-section is currently scheduled to start at 10:30 AM (as long as there aren't any emergencies), so prayers for the doctors, nurses, and all 4 Hoffmans would be greatly appreciated. Right now, I feel such a wonderful calmness, and know that that comes from the love and prayers of the people around me! Thank you all for your support...it means the world to Jason, Austin, Carter, and I!

No comments:

Post a Comment