Monday, September 5, 2011

And Baby makes 4...

I would be lying if I didn't say that the past 2 weeks weren't a bit of a blur. No matter how prepared you are, nothing can prepare you for the way a new baby can rock your world. However, unlike with Austin's birth, this time my mind and body were in sync with one another, and the arrival of Carter was as smooth as one could imagine!

Carter David Hoffman was born on August 22 at 11:07 AM. He weighed 7 lbs. 7 oz. and was 19 inches long. The c-section was SO easy (in fact I joked with Jason in recovery that I was ready for number 3), and it was wonderful just walking in to the hospital, having the spinal and 20 minutes later having a baby! The hospital staff was amazing, my room was huge (the walk-in shower was larger than my one at home!), and even the food was good. To say that the experience was the best it could be almost feels like an understatement.

On top of all of that, Carter is the most laid back, sweet little boy I could ever imagine! He is a very alert little boy, but only cries when he is hungry. Unlike Austin, he never had his days and nights mixed up (praise the Lord!), but I think I am so much calmer this time around as well, that getting up with him doesn't bother me one bit. He has already scheduled himself (as I let my babies create their own schedule), and right now that means getting up about 2 times a night. It really doesn't get any better that that! In fact, most days I don't have any coffee and I think I have only napped 3 times since being home!

As for Austin, he is the BEST big brother! He constantly wants to hold Carter, talk to him, "play" with him, etc. He really has transitioned well and seems to be thoroughly enjoying his new role as the big brother. He also started preschool last week, and soccer the week before, so I think that having him more scheduled is helping as well!

That's pretty much it from our end. I was blessed to have my Mom with us all last week, and my Dad came down this past weekend. Now my in-laws are coming until Friday, so we will continue to have help (which has been fairly necessary since I haven't been cleared to drive yet). We have been keeping busy running errands, and yesterday drove out to the North Carolina Zoo! Overall, life has been great these past two weeks, and if you are in the area, feel free to stop on by!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations you guys...that's so exciting. I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete